Rapid Marriage


flower icon of Food Safety Training, Marriage Services at Your Location, Same Day Marriage, Wedding Ceremonies page

Frequently Asked Questions

You do not need to be a California resident to marry in California.

Both parties who get are getting married must be at least 18 years old to apply for a confidential marriage license. Minors may NOT purchase a confidential marriage license.

The couple must be living together. Beginning January 1, 2015, the ceremony may take place anywhere in the state of California.

No witnesses are required.

To marry in California, the two parties may not be already married to each other or other individuals.

Both parties must appear in person and bring valid picture ident